Notre-Dame International High School, a College Preparatory American school in France, prepares an international student body for success in the global society by offering an American education in France, comprehensive French language instruction, and cultural exchange opportunities.
This French American school in France was awarded accreditation from the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), and the Southern Association Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), all of which are accreditation divisions of AdvancED.
Our American international school provides bilingual, college preparatory academics to students in grades 9 through 12 and is made up of international students from all over the world. The school introduces an exciting opportunity for non-French speakers to learn the French language and culture while attending an American curriculum held in English. Our small class sizes allow for challenging curriculum with individualized learning, all within an internationally rich environment.
Notre-Dame International High School currently completes the preparation to become an IB World School in France from September 2018, with the first students graduating with an IB Diploma Program in June 2020.
Four-year, international, college preparatory high school.
Two semesters/seven 55-minute classes
Currently, 50 students are enrolled at NDIHS. Around 10% of these students are local while 90% are international. Our international students hail from over 22 countries around the world. Most of our students are college-bound.
University and College Acceptance
Notre-Dame International High School students were accepted to the following Colleges and Universities:
- American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- American University of Paris, France
- Arizona State University
- Atelier Hourde annee préparatoire aux écoles de création, Paris, France
- Barry University
- Bishop University, Sherbrook, Canada
- Brunel University, London, UK
- Buffalo State College
- Canisius College
- Caucasus Business School of Georgia, Georgia
- Chicago Institute of Art
- College of Mount St. Vincent, Bronx, NY
- Colorado State
- Coventry University, UK
- Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA
- Drew University
- Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Ekonomski fakultet – Zagreb, Croatia
- Elena- UK
- ESSEC, Singapore
- Eugene Lang
- European University of Barcelona, Spain
- Faculté des Métiers, Evry, France
- Faculty of Law-University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Faculty of Philosophy, Novi Sad, Serbia
- Fordham University
- Franklin and Marshall
- Free University of Georgia, Georgia
- Houston Community College, Texas
- Hult International Business School London, UK
- IESEG (Business School), Lille, France
- IFC Marseille, France
- INSEEC, Paris, France
- Institut Formation Conseil, Marseille, France
- International Fashion Academy
- IPAG, Paris, France
- ITAM, Mexico City, Mexico
- Kaplan International College London, UK
- Kings College Foundation, Bournemouth, UK
- Kings College London, UK
- Lewis and Clark
- London Metropolitan University, UK
- London South Bank University, London, UK
- Long Island University (Brooklyn Campus)
- LSBF (London School of Business and Finance), UK
- Manhattan College, New York, NY
- Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Marymount Manhattan College
- Marymount School of New York, NY
- MGIMO University Moscow, Russia
- Mt. Allison, New Brunswick, Canada
- Northampton University, UK
- Pace University, New York, NY
- Parsons New York
- Parsons Paris- the New School for Design, Paris, France
- Penn State Erie
- Penn State University - Abington/University Park
- Regent American College London (member of the Webster University network), UK
- Richmond American University, London, UK
- Russian State Medical University, Russia
- San Diego University
- San Jose State University
- Santa Barbara University
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- Schiller University, Paris
- School Of Visual Arts NYC
- St John’s University, Queens, NY
- SUNY Fredonia
- Tbilisi Teaching University, Georgia
- Texas A&M University
- Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajará, Tabasco, Mexico
- University of Arizona
- University of Birmingham, UK
- University of Bristol, UK
- University of California-Davis
- University of California-Santa Cruz
- University of Colorado
- University of Derby, UK
- University of East Anglia
- University of Exeter, UK
- University of Florida
- University of Kent, UK
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
- University of Roehampton, London, England
- University of San Francisco
- University of Sheffield's Law School
- University of South Florida
- University of St Thomas
- University of Warwick, UK
- UPenn- Wharton School of Business
- Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland
- Washington and Jefferson
- Webster University, Vienna, Austria
Yves Le Saout, Notre-Dame Les Oiseaux, Proviseur
Daniel Zicari, Principal
Marcy Zicari, Guidance Counselor
Céline Gibassier, Admissions
+33 9 70 40 79 22
Notre-Dame International High School, an American school in France, has been developped thanks to a partnership between the French school Notre-Dame Les Oiseaux and Nacel Open Door. Notre-Dame International High School is part of the Nacel International School System.
About Notre-Dame Les Oiseaux
The educational aim of Notre-Dame Les Oiseaux, our host school, is "Grow Up Together". The goal is to prepare students to become autonomous and responsible adults. This school offers individualized student support and establishes true relations between community members. It even offers special classes for children with advanced abilities as well as for students with lower abilities. Notre-Dame Les Oiseaux aims at offering a place for living in community, a place of freedom, proposal and involvement.
Notre-Dame Les Oiseaux currently offers 6 sections: a Kindergarten (5 classes), a Lower School (21 classes), a Middle School (32 classes), a General and Technical Upper School (26 classes), postsecondary school's technical degrees (Business and International Business, Banking, Chemistry) as well as a continuing education training center for adults. The school will now welcome our international High School in Paris, Notre-Dame International High School, a school offering a bilingual curriculum combining American and French approaches.
A school open to the world
Notre-Dame Les Oiseaux provides classes in English, Spanish, German, Italian, Latin and Greek and organizes short language travel abroad programs for students from Lower to Upper School (London, Barcelona, Germany, Scotland, Florence, Australia etc.); students may also participate in Rotary Club's international activities, as well as pass the TOEIC or First Cambridge Certificate exams.
An environment-friendly school
The school is an « EcoEcole » : "EcoEcole" is a complete educational program for environmental issues for schools involved in ecology and environmenal protection. The program works on 5 main issues: food, biodiversity, waste management, water and energy supply. Students are invited to discover sustainable development and various environmental issues.
The school was awarded for a project in historical garden management following students' work with plants used in the 13ha campus of the castle where the school is located. Students also launched a blog "sciences and multimedia" related to this project and they have also worked on botanic sciences in the 18th century.
98 to 100% of the students attending Terminale (equivalent to Year 12) in this French school graduate at the end of their final exams, which makes the school one of the top schools in France (average in France is 83% of success for this exam). These students are awarded with the Baccalaureat, which is equivalent to the British A-Level or the US High School Diploma. It allows students to enter French Universities, Business and Engineering Schools as well as achieving technical degrees. 80% of them get the Baccalaureat with Honors which demonstrates the excellence of education in this school.
Discover Notre-Dame International High School in Paris, France and take advantage of Paris attractions and of a countryside serenity!
Notre-Dame International High School in Paris, France is located on the campus of Notre-Dame Les Oiseaux, in the residential town of Verneuil-sur-Seine, 38 kilometres from Paris city center, France. Verneuil-sur-Seine, located on the River Seine, is “a town on the countryside”, offering all the facilities of a residential town, the proximity of Paris, and a rich natural environment, with parks, gardens, forest, rivers and lakes.
From 1000 inhabitants in 1930, Verneuil has grown to 15,000 inhabitants today. This former village became a real town close to the city center of Paris. The town is “young”, with 57% of the inhabitants aged less than 39 years old; culture is a must, with a facility dedicated to dance (Espace Maurice Béjart) and regular cultural events. A swimming pool, a skate park, soccer fields, tennis fields and a Riding Camp, as well as trekking facilities are offered.
Download our Campus Map HERE.
Take a look at the surroundings of the school located close to Paris, France!
Situated in the center of the Yvelines region, Verneuil sur Seine provides a great location for students to explore not only Paris, but also the nearby regions of Normandy and the Loire Valley. The Yvelines is home to the famous Palace of Versailles and Thoiry Castle along with prominent businesses such as Bull, Thomson, Grand Marnier, EADS (European Aeronautic Defense and Space Company), Peugeot, Renault, Bouygues, etc.
Attractions – Paris and surrounding areas: Palace of Versailles, Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, Champs Élysées, Ile de la Cité, River Seine, Latin Quarter, Montmartre, Musée d’Orsay, Cité de Sciences, La Géode, Musée Monet.
Follow in historical characters’ footsteps and prepare your career in a globalized world!
Notre-Dame Les Oiseaux was established in 1929 at the site of the Château de Verneuil by the Congregation of Notre Dame. The school is located in the heart of a beautiful historical park of 14 hectares, with gardens and several centuries’ old trees, close to Paris, France.
The Château de Verneuil has a history dating back to the 16th century, when it was occupied by French families of nobility up until the French Revolution. The Château was abandoned in the years following the Revolution but was reclaimed by one of its legitimate heirs, Hervé de Tocqueville in 1802. As the son of Hervé de Tocqueville, the famous political thinker and historian, Alexis de Tocqueville spent his adolescence at the Château. The Château also welcomed the great French writer, Francois-Rene de Chateaubriand, while under ownership by the Tocqueville family.
In 1817 the property was sold and had various owners until 1929, when the Château was purchased by the Congregation of Notre Dame. The Church itself is recognized as an historical monument.
More information about the history of the Castle and its park HERE.