Boarding House and French Homestays - Your child's home away from home
We welcome an open-minded community where people from diverse cultures, lifestyles and citizenships live and study together. Notre-Dame International High School is one of the few international boarding schools in Europe.
Notre-Dame International High School welcomes day students but is also a weekly (5 days a week) and permanent (7 days a week) boarding school in France.
Your home away from home: international students whose parents do not live in Paris or France are offered the below housing options, depending on their preferences and age at the beginning of a semester:
5-Day Boarding (Weekly Boarding)
Notre-Dame International High School is one of the few international boarding schools in France. Welcoming about 100 French and international students every year at our on-campus boarding house, we offer 15 yo+ international students to live on campus. Boarding accommodation can be offered:
- 5 days a week (from Sunday after dinner or Monday to Friday afternoon: weekly boarding)
- or 7 days a week (from Sunday to Sunday: full-time boarding).
Students receive full board during the week:
- hot lunch,
- light snack after school
- and hot dinner.
Boarding accommodation is not provided during school holidays (Fall, Christmas, Winter and Spring holidays, 2 weeks each). During school holidays, students may:
- go home,
- travel independently
- or may also be offered a French homestay accommodation for 2 weeks.
- book a holiday program with Nacel: please check our holiday offers.
The dorm building mainly offers double rooms, with shared bathrooms.
There is Internet available in all the dorms, however all students are expected to have their lights and computers off by 11pm. Boarders can use:
- a computer room,
- a TV and leisure room (TV, piano etc.)
- as well as the 14 ha wooded campus.
Students who play a musical instrument may have the opportunity for individual lessons with a private music teacher (extra cost, please check the extracurricular activities).
Daily life on campus
Dorm Schedule (Sunday evening-Friday morning)*
- 7h00 Wake-up (NO showers before 7AM)
- 7h00-8h00 Breakfast
- 8h25 Students report to class prepared for the entire school day
- 8h25-17h30 DORMS LOCKED—Students will not be have access to their rooms between 8h30 and 17h30
- 16h30-17h15 Snack and relaxation time-snack is served daily in the cafeteria. Students in good standing are permitted to go off campus at this time, the CDI is open for quiet study time (most days).
- 17h30-19h00 Activities OR study time. Study time in bedrooms, or supervised study time for students requiring extra structure. Every Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. possibility to join a French boxing club on campus.
- 19h00-19h30 Dinner and free time (cafeteria and permitted areas on campus)
NO SHOWERS AFTER 21h30
- 19h30-21H30 second study time or free time inside
- 21h30-22h30 Quiet time in your own room
- 22h30 Silence (no cellphones, computers, tablets)
- 23h00 Lights out (22h30 on Sundays)
* Weekend schedule is communicated separately
Download an information about dormitory life.
Facilities offered in our permanent boarding school in France
7-Day Boarding (Full-time Boarding)
As a full time permanent boarding school in France, we provide international boarders, who do not have relatives in Paris, with various options for weekend housing. The choice should be made by parents based on their child's age and maturity, as well as based on the student's personal preferences.
IMPORTANT: 7 day boarding is only available to 15+ students. Students enrolled for 7 day boarding must be very committed academically. There is a mandatory study time on Sunday afternoons at the dorm and students are also encouraged to use their free time on weekends to explore Paris cultural and historical attractions.
Weekly laundry service is provided to 7 day boarders at this permanent boarding school in France. Students made video about the weekends experience at the dorms.
Weekend Homestay (mandatory for 15 YO+ students): Students move to their host family to spend the weekend with them (from Friday afternoon to Sunday after dinner or Monday morning) and share their everyday life. Students should expect to spend their evenings and weekends with their host family. Outings may be allowed on Saturdays and/or Sundays, during day time.
Students receive full board.
Housing is not included during school holidays (Fall, Christmas, Winter and Spring holidays, 2 weeks each). Consult the weekend dorm handbook.
Consult our Homestay Handbook.
Weekend Boarding accommodation (from 15 YO+): Notre-Dame International High School is a permanent boarding school in France: students may be hosted at the dorms on Saturdays and Sundays, excluding school holidays (Fall, Christmas, Winter and Spring holidays, 2 weeks each). Students receive half board on weekends (Breakfast and hot dinner). This accommodation arrangements are only offered to full year students.
Lunches are bought by students themselves during their free time. Unsupervised free time in Paris is arranged on Saturdays.
Unsupervised evening and night outings are not allowed (see Travel Policy).
Various supervised activities may be offered on Friday and Saturday evenings on or off the campus, including in Paris city center.
Read our information about the Weekend dorm rules and routine! Suggested outings on Saturdays or Sundays:
Student video about the weekends at the dorms
- Opéra Garnier
- Disneyland Paris
- Latin Quarter/Odeon
- Galeries Lafayette (Christmas time)
- Luncheon with Rotary Club with students living throughout France
- Champs Elysees
- Paris catacombs
- Aquaboulevard (water centre)
- Paris walk guided tours
- Centre Pompidou
- Latin Quarters
- Place des Vosges
- Louvre Museum
- Luxembourg Garden
- Tuileries Gardens
- Bateaux Mouches
- Eiffel Tower
- Sacre Coeur
- Grand Palais / ice rink
- Petit Palais
- Christmas market in Paris
- English speaking movies at Paris Town Centre
- Base de Loisirs in Val de Seine
The following students should be encouraged to register for the full time homestay accommodation:
- students who are coming for a short-term cultural experience- i.e., for one exchange semester or one exchange year in France. For example, students who want to experience the French culture and learn the language;
- students who are interested in pursuing higher education in France and needs to improve their French level up to fluency.
- younger students: 14 years old students are not allowed at the dorms and are therefore required to choose full time homestay accommodation.
The best way to immerse in the French culture and "art de vivre"!
Our carefully selected host families live in and around Verneuil, as well as in neighboring areas. They apply to welcome an international student in their home in the hope to make international friendships. They share their everyday life, care, language and culture with a student who becomes a new member of the family.Students should expect to spend their evenings and weekends with their host family. Outings may be allowed on Saturdays, during day time. Student's goal should be to immerse in the host family life as much as possible.Our full time host families welcome students from Monday to Sunday, including bank holidays and school holidays, with full board. Consult our Homestay Handbook.
Consult us to choose the most suitable accommodation for you at this day and boarding school in France.
|7-Day Homestay||5 Day-Boarding||5 Day-Boarding + Weekend Homestay||
7-Day Boarding (Permanent boarding)
16, 17, 18