ON CAMPUS EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Following is a list of clubs/sports that are currently or have been active in our school. They include clubs that are exclusive to the American school as well as opportunities for involvement in the French school (list subject to changes).
After-school extracurricular activities change each year.
- Futsal (Indoor Soccer) practice day TBD with games on Wednesdays 12:45-1:30 ; starts week of September 14
- Tennis de table (Table Tennis) Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 12:45-1:30- starts September 14
- Demi-fond (Cross Country Running) TBD 12:45-1:30-starts September 14
- Renforcement musculaire (Weight Training) Tuesdays 12:45-1:30- starts September 16
- French Boxing- Fridays 4:30-6:30- starts September 20
The whole school theme for the year is "E3D" (Development Durable).We encourage our students to sign up for activities on campus during the week. This will allow them to meet French teens, practice their French and feel integrated into their new community.
Other activities and clubs should be announced during the coming weeks.
Our international students share the same study building with their French peers and should use every opportunity to participate in social activities with them.
- Student Council
- Model UN (2 hours a week): participation to international conferences such as ILYMUN (Lyon) and INDMUN- Institut de Notre Dame in St Germain en Laye conferences; check this video! 20 students currently participate, including 15 French students.
- European Youth Debate: 8 students participate in this debate every year.
- Gazette des Oiseaux- School newspaper/blog meets during lunch. You can explore their webpage on the NDO website: http://lagazettedesoiseaux.wixsite.com/lenvoldesidees
- Atelier BD -comic strip workshop for 10th graders (9 euros a session) Wednesday or Friday sessions to sign up for.
- Arts and culture club (teacher led tours of Paris neighborhoods)
- On campus: Private music class on students' request
- Available for boarders: sports hall
Our students are invited to be leaders and suggest new clubs or extracurriculars. Note that the above activities may take place if enough students participate. Join!
Join our Model UN Club and participate to local meetings with other international schools!
The school year includes 2 week-breaks in the fall, for Christmas and New Eve, during the winter and finally during the spring (see school calendar). The school been closed during these breaks, Notre-Dame International High School's partner, Nacel, provides our students with a number of holidays opportunities, including:
- French classes in various towns in France
- Ski camps in February
- Sports camps with French teenagers during the fall, winter or the spring holidays
- English for University in London: Intensive English Academic Writing Course in London
Practise sports during the school summer holidays:
OFF CAMPUS EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Practise sports during the school year in a local club! Check the complete list of local clubs HERE.
We offer some sporting activities on campus but the main sporting opportunities are offered off campus, in local sports clubs. Eligibility for enrollment is subject to dorm staff and host family approval; not all meeting times may be conducive to dormitory and host family scheduling*.
Furthermore, final approval is at the discretion of the facilitating organization/club. Enrollment costs/fees for extracurricular activities are the responsibility of the student and participation may require a specific parental release. The school and Nacel is released from any responsibility for these activities, which are privately arranged by the student and his/her natural parents with local clubs in town.
*Extracurricular activities/clubs usually meet during weeknights which may not be conducive to dormitory timetables/security/rules; possible participation during weekends. Host families must be in agreement with student plans and accept all scheduling/transportation arrangements involved.
Energie Forme (Gym): Body Pump, Stretching, Step, Pilatès, BodyJam, Zumba etc.. (2,5km from school)
Sailing in Verneuil!
Canoë Kayak Club de Verneuil (Canoe)
Tél. : 06.86.46.38.30 ou 01.34.97.85.73
Site internet :http://ckcverneuil.free.fr
Courriel : firstname.lastname@example.org
Capoeira No Mundo (Capoeira – Brazilian Dance)
1, rue du Stade
Tél. : 06.85.64.41.83
Courriel : email@example.com
Cercle nautique de Verneuil/Vernouillet (Swimming Club)
Mairie de Verneuil
6, boulevard André Malraux
Tél. : 01.39.71.03.63
Site internet : www.cnvv.asso.fr
Ken Jutsu (Martial Arts)
11 bis, avenue Marguerite Gilles
Tél. : 01.39.71.90.69
Kris' Dance (Dance, not specified)
13, rue Estienne Aleaume
Tél. : 01.39.71.14.28
Narvalindoor Futsal (Indoor Soccer)
32, rue Jean Moulin
Nautile/Val de Seine plongée (Diving)
7, allée des châtaigniers
Tél. : 01.39.71.17.58
Site internet : www.arpegiale.fr/lenautile
SPADS Club VTT (Mountain Bike)
2, rue du Parc du Château
Tél. : 06.22.37.23.70
Site internet : www.spads-vtt.fr
Terre et yoga (Yoga)
37, allée des princes
Tél. : 01.39.65.25.94
Courriel : firstname.lastname@example.org
Union sportive de Verneuil (Cycling, Dance, Karate, Table Tennis, Soccer, Judo)
Ecole La Garenne
Allée des bleuets
Site internet : perso.wanadoo.fr/usverneuil/
Verneuil Athlétique Club (Athletics)
15, rue du Hameau
VAC athlétisme (Athletics)
23, rue Gérardin
Tél. : 01.39.65.75.05
VAC boxe française (Boxing)
6, allée des Sports
Tél. : 01.39.71.11.07
VAC tennis (Tennis)
Gymnase Pierre de Coubertin
Tél. : 01.39.71.72.04
Courriel : email@example.com
Ecole de Musique et de Danse
11, rue Delapierre
Tél. : 01.39.71.57.17
Courriel : firstname.lastname@example.org